Wednesday, January 04, 2006


It's my birthday, and I'll be fly if I want to.

I decided to treat myself to a birthday outfit from gap.com that I won't see for another two weeks (or more). Why did I not just go shopping on the island? Good question. I have a question for you: Where would I go? Yes, there are shops on-island where I can find t-shirts; however, there are no retail chains here, and clothing boutiques the deal in clothing that's my style are pretty much non-existent. (What is my style, anyway?) The next big problem that I have with shopping for clothes in American Samoa is that nothing fits. (Okay, saying nothing is not 100% true, but trying to find something that I like that fits is almost an impossibility). Samoans are known for being large people. You know how sizes usually go S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL (for the hefty ones). You can buy XXXXXXXXL (8XL) shirts here. I kid you not.

I wanted a new outfit for the new year. Check out the trousers I purchased for myself from gap.com above. They are a bit dressy, but I'm tired of wearing jeans. I figured they'd be versatile. I could dress them up or down. Anyway, I had a big problem finding a shirt to accompany them. It's winter in the US so the online stores only have long-sleeved shirts in stock. I ended up only getting a belt and some boxers with my trousers. This is where you can help. If you want to send me a birthday gift (Did I mention it is my 30th? Yeah, I'm getting up there.), how about considering a short-sleeved, button-up shirt, size small, that would look nice with these navy blue trousers? I don't know if you can tell, bu they little pin stripes. For an idea, observe the shirt the model is wearing in the photo. Something like that in a short-sleeved version would be nice. If you'd like to surprise me, my address is:

P.O. Box 326
Pago Pago, AS 96799

Happy birthday to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home