Monday, January 02, 2006


On the sofa watching Beaches, the 1988 film with Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey. Well Barbara’s character has just died, and Bette’s “Wild Beneath My Wings is playing in the background. Melodramatic, but I love it. This was my favorite movie when I was in sixth and seventh grades. I used to cry every time I saw it. I don’t easily cry, but movies do it to me sometimes. Maybe I just hold so much in that I subconsciously allow myself to let go when I’m in the darkness of a movie theater or alone watching a DVD. I remember watching Tim Burton’s Big Fish two summer’s ago. I was home visiting on a little break from Uganda and Peace Corps. I was watching it on the television in my mother’s bedroom. When it ended, I just started crying. Tears were rolling down my face, and I could not make myself stop. I laughed at myself, and the tears still came. The last film I watched that made me cry was Crash. I cried at least three times during that movie.

That’s enough about crying.

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH I KNOW!! I cried at least three times during Crash too!!! What an emotional movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home