Sunday, August 28, 2005


I went hiking yesterday with some other teachers and friends to Massacre Bay. In the late 1700's, a group of French exporers were greeted on the coast by a host of Samoans. They did not stay alive long, hence the name.

They hike to get there was a little more than I'd bargained for. It's pretty steep. I would not say that getting there was easy, but it was much easier than getting away. If any of you have ever hiked to Kibiro on Lake Albert, you can imagine what it is like hiking down the escarpment. It's about the same distance. While the trail to Massacre Bay is a bit steeper than the one to Kibiro, it is shaded by the forest. The sun fries you climbing up from Kibiro if you do not leave early enough in the morning.

It was a great work out. I was a little out of shape for the hike, so my legs cramped up a lot last night in my sleep. Ouch. I've not had much of a chance to run like I like to for the past month, too many stray dogs. I don't want to get bitten again. I have a friend who has invited me to start running with her at the track this week. I hate running tracks, boring. However, I don't have much choice, and I think if I'm running with someone, it will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home