Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I am missing everyone today. I received several emails from some of the volunteers I served with in Uganda. Some of them are doing well, but many are still searching for work and all. I'm probably the one with the most stable job. I never realized how much these people meant to me in my life. Reading their emails has flooded me with emotions, and I'm quite sad to be so far away from all of them. There's no meeting in Bulgolobi on Friday night for pizza or catching a movie at Cineplex when we are passing through town.

I put up walls to keep people at a distance, to keep me from getting attached and protect my heart from getting ripped apart. Occasionally, someone gets over the wall. I found the best friends I ever had over the past three years, and it was only a fairytale that endend when I woke up and boarded that plane on 11th May 2005.

Getting on with life and figuring out where I'm going now is what my new challenge is. It's not so bad, but I'm looking for that niche that I once found where I fit for once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home