Monday, August 22, 2005




Exhausted every day. . . It seems that no matter what I do, I cannot get ahead. Everyday, I swear that I am going to finsh working early and go to bed at a decent hour, and everynight, my head does not hit the pillow until at least 12:30am (if I'm lucky), then a new day begins at 6:24 the next morning. No sleep is no good.

Today was my most difficult day yet. I really felt like crap this morning. I'm not sure what was wrong. My head was so conjested, and I had a headache. That led to me feeling naseated. I had a well planned day, but I did not feel like I was executing anything properly. I felt like the students were bored with what I had to say. A ray of light began to peek out in the afternoon. The sun finally came out, and my headache subsided. Language arts lesson went well--finally, a lesson that went better than planned today!

I went for a walk with Nicole (one of my roommates) this afternoon. We visited the huge Catholic church behind our apartment. It has some beautiful stained glass windows. I'm going to try to figure out how to post and/or link photos to my blog, and then I'll include some for you to see. There was also some interesting artwork in the church.

I'm enjoying American Samoa more each day. When I got here, I worried that maybe I'd rushed into my decision to come. The culture is foreign to me, and there were not "culture matters" session to help prepare me for what I would encounter. I was not sure how I would adapted to life on such a remote island, but so far so good. People here are great and have been very friendly to me. I appreciate that so much. I miss not being able to walk around freely or run and not worry, but them damn dogs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home