Thursday, August 25, 2005

Mr. Kato Erisama sent me an email today! He is the headteacher at the primary school where I worked for three years in Uganda. I love this man. I think that he is one of the greatest men walking this planet today. I consider him one of the best teachers in Uganda. If every teacher in Uganda were as dedicated, honest and capable as this man, there would be no more problems. It would work.

Enough gushing. . . We are trying to link our two classrooms, maybe create some kind of penpal program or more. I'm excited about this possibility because I think that both sides of the deal would gain. His email came on a perfect day. I'd sent him an email a few weeks ago pitching some ideas I had about how we could work together. He delayed in responding, so I thought that maybe he thought that it was not such a great idea. Well, today, my class was lauching its new unit theme on exploring
Africa when I checked my email in the classroom, and there was Mr. Kato's message expressing his interest in my ideas and providing information about some of his students.

Things have a way of working out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home