Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Just watched "Once More With Feeling" episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. About three years ago, that was the one show that I regularly viewed. Now, I'm in television limbo. I don't really have a show. I'm getting close to finding one. I really enjoyed season one of Lost. My favorite character was Shannon until I found out she slept with her step brother. Ew!!!

I got an email today from my friend Raymond in Uganda. He's a secondary school teacher who just graduated from the National Teachers' College in Masindi. He's hoping to join university next year if funding comes through. I miss Uganda so much. I miss village life and all my friends in Bulindi. I miss Murungi and Ssekate and Innocent. I miss Doreen and Monica. I miss cooking outside and going to my neighbor's house to get hot coals to light my charcoal. I miss warm Coke and going to the duka to buy popcorn, chapati, and biscuit. I miss late evenings on Mr. Kato's veranda talking his ear off and him listening. I miss weekends in Kampala and dancing till the wee hours of the morning. I miss Kyazze.

Life goes on. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home