Friday, August 26, 2005




My favorite day of the week: F-R-I-D-A-Y. Thank God it's Friday! School lets out in half an hour. I'm out on the playground with the children who were well behaved and earned enough good behaviour points to earn an extra recess on Friday afternoons. It a program that I do together with the 3rd and 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Innman. We alternate weeks sitting outside with the students on Fridays. Last week I stayed in and had a free period, and she went out.

Elementary school teachers have no preparation periods at Pacific Horizons School. We teach all subjects to the children, including PE. We just take time when we can to mark papers, make photo copies, and do other small errands. I'm so happy that I got hooked up to the internet in my classroom this week. Atleast that makes researching material for lessons more convenient.

It's my roommate Nicole's birthday today. She's 24, I think. She's going out with her parents first this evening, and then a group of friends will go out later. Maybe we'll go dancing!!! I need to get my booty on the dance floor and shake, shake, shake it a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home