Saturday, April 08, 2006

SCARY!



Atauloma Girls' School


Just look at it. OOOOOOOOOO! It's so scary!


To the extent that ghosts represent the past, history is haunted. And indeed unattached spirits are most often associated with places that carry some antiquity. A touch of strangeness helps, some aspect of the place that sets it aside from other places. Ghosts are cross-culturally universal, but they seem to congregate in special places.

Like Atauloma, a most renowned haunted house.

John Enright



Nicole and I, ghost hunters extraordinair.


Just look at us. OOOOOOOOOO! We're so brave!


I even wore my sleeveless ARMY t-shirt. How intimidating is that? Ghosts (and Samoan landlord who might want to chase us off for tresspassing) beware.

Let's take a look around...



It is so CREEPY inside.



Despite being completely renovated in 1970, the place is falling down. People on contract with the American Samoa Government and their families lived here until the building was condemned in 1995.

Lights on!



Lights off!



So, so SCARY, but don't turn back.


We didn't.


We read that there was an an overgrown cemetary a short distance up the hill from the school with about 20 coral slab graves. We hiked in the bush, were scratched and stabbed by branches and Nicole slid on her bum coating the backside of her jeans with mud. Did I mention that we got a fair amount of rain today? The place was damp, and water was dripping making for a very SPOOKY experience. After all that, we did not find the graves.

We did not even find any ghosts on this trip. Maybe we'll find some orbs in our photos after more observations. We are already making plans for our next visit. This visit was more successful than the Halloween one when we were chased off by local villagers. I'm sure the next visit will have us finding the graves and maybe even making contact with the other side.

So scary!



TOO SCARY!



---------------------------

I cannot end this post on such a SCARY note.

I want to leave you with pleasant peaceful thoughs.

Tonight's the night for good BJ... Ben and Jerry's that is. We went to the supermarket to buy ice cream, and I ran into a treat that brought a smile to my face, and I hope that it will also bring one to yours:


Hello Kitty!
I don't even like cats, but this Kitty sure brings a smile to my face and makes me feel warm inside. She so cute!

Nice Kitty...

PPPuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

12 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm rather embarrassed to admit this... but I would totally buy me some Hello Kitty Pop-Tarts. "Meow-Berry" sounds delicious! I wonder if they'll make it to my local grocery store?

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a helly kitty toaster that imprints that cute little kitty mug on every slice of toast. then i smear jam on her face, and GOOD MORNING ME!!

my roommates kicked her out of the kitchen for a while, and i had to make toast in my room, all alone. but she's made a comeback! happy day!

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i for sure meant "hello kitty" and not "helly kitty", maybe i was influences by your extra-spooky posting. hmmm....

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i for sure meant "influenced" not "influences" i'm going to quit now.

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

urban exploring is something I could get into...

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger nicolegail said...

I'm not sure the Hello Kitty Pop Tarts and sleeveless Army shirts go well together. But I'm sure that's what someone once said about Hello Kitty and Pop Tarts and boy were they wrong!

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:O Hello kitty poptarts oh man i want some they look sooo good <3

 
At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Emily Afo said...

hey there.. my names Emily... u don't know me and i don't know u..for sure! lol... but i was on the net chuckin' up some info on Atauloma Girls School.. I'm samoan and i've lived here almost my entire life and still i haven't gotten out much from my little cove..lol.. but to a great extent.. i have suddenly gotten a urge to go there myself. i went there today.. but only as close as to view the school from the new
7th day adventist church.. i would've gone up and took a tour myself but i had my lil niece with me and sooooo it was big no no!! I've heard many stories growing up about it.. and the truth.. i really ain't scared of it! juss so curious to find out what really really happened there! so yeah if u have the scoop on it.. pls pls pls if u can let me know whats up.. and i ask that in the most kindest way ever! you can email it to me at totallyholy@yahoo.com... thanx a bunch and am looking foward to hear from you soon! Tofa Soifua!!

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Foster said...

My Samoan wife and I had lived in Atauloma from '76 to '78. It was a beautiful place to live. Those of us who lived there understood its’ supernatural heritage. There was nothing to fear with due respect. Whether you believe in such things or not, the belief of others should be respected.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I was just googling some things on this school and came across your page. I noticed two faces in the back of you on you and Nicole's picture.... pretty neat. I didn't know if you noticed them or not?? Thanks for posting the pictures.
lmjameson_84@hotmail.com

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger John Quinn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger John Quinn said...

I also lived at Atauloma in the mid/late 70s. [Foster? Is that you?]. We lived in the house down in front. It was a beautiful place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home