Sunday, April 09, 2006



Just diggin' in the garden with

Comfort.


COM-FOR-TEE!!!


I mentioned in a past post that life in Uganda is simpler, yet it is not so easy. Conveniences are limited, and one has to work very hard for what he/she gets. Especially food.

This week's reason I am happy to be returning to Uganda is that I will be forced to get off of my bootay a little lot more. My days of vegging in from of the television stuffing my face are limited. Food preparation takes more time in Uganda because most things have to be prepared from scratch. Packaged, frozen and microwaveable foods are not very common. The benefit to this is that, when prepared, food tastes better and is better for you. Another benefit is that when food takes more effort to prepare, one does not sit around all day eating; and when one does papare something, he/she has already burned off so many calories in the proecess that no matter what is consumed, it usually does not leave any evidence on the body.

I had a garden for a while when I was in Uganda. Everything had to be done through man-power. After a few seasons, I decided to give it up and "contribute more to the local economy" by purchasing foodstuff from local farmers and merchants. Going to the market was an activity that I loved. I'll blog about it another time.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the pics and entries...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home