Tuesday, April 25, 2006

International Fair

At

Pacific Horizons School


I am so tired, but all the hard work paid off ten fold tonight. My students did a fantastic job putting on the first International fair at Pacific Horizons School. It was a beautiful occasion. I am so proud of their achievement.

We have a very diverse student population at our school, and tonight was our chance to celebrate diversity and learn more about each other and a few places in between.

Africa was there, and we got a taste of Benin.



The Asia booth represented Taiwan, Philippines, China and Korea.



The Aussie students did a great job displaying Australia.



Europe was snazzy and full of attitude.



North America showed us the USA and Mexico.



The Pacific Islands booth went all out. I was quite impressed with the effort and creativity these students put into their display. Not only that, but aren't they the cutest bunch of kids?



I saved the best for last. I teamed up with students creating the the South America booth. We focussed on the countries of Peru, Brazil and Argentina. We served coffee and herva mate. These two students were a pleasure to work closely with. We succeeded in putting together a really colorful, informative booth. I <3 Latin America.





My favorite innovation of the night...


Egg crate Mancala!

I L-O-V-E it.

What a great idea! I'm definitely stealing that idea.


Where's my photo? Alas, I was the photog tonight, and I never ended up on the other side of the camera. Too bad. I was damn sexy in my sexy jeans.

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are an amazing and teacher, and damn sexy in ANY trousers you may be wearing.

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great they're teaching diversity.

I went online and played mancala to see what it's all about. I have no idea what's going on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home