Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Let's Eat!


I dedicate this post to Melissa, my eating partner.

Leaving American Samoa meant going to a place where they serve good food, something that is not fried or a sandwich. In Apia, one can find a wide variety of restaurants. The first thing Nicole and I did when we arrived after checking in to our hotel was to hit the Italian restaurant: Giodanno's. Who does not <3 Italian food? We sure do, and we ate and ate.

We were not so lucky on Friday. Nicole and I spent the day at the pool, so we ate pool food (Imagine Lucille's face here as she complains on the phone to Michael.). I ate the worst club sandwich I have ever tasted. How can you screw that up? After wandering the (ghost)town a bit, we popped into the McDonald's (I know. Don't say anything.), and I ordered a chocolate milkshake. Yuck! It tasted like the chocolate was manufactured in the Middle East. Warning: Chocolate made in Dubai, NOT SO GOOD.

Friday day night was the best! We discovered this placed called Bistro Tatau


The food was amazing. I ate some Thai seafood concoction, and Nicole ate lobster ravioli in a lime/ginger broth. For dessert we had crème brûlée and cheese cake. Heaven. Nicole and I met up with a Peace Corps Volunteer working in Samoa, Marques (Peace Corps. YAY!!!), and we invited him for dinner. Great food + great conversation = PERFECT NIGHT!


Saturday was once again spent by the pool (Different hotel. Yeah, we got around.), but I was not having pool food. We had a fantastic lunch at Sydney Cafe. Nicole and I were in a very similar mood, and we both had vegetarian Italiano sandwiches and lemonade.

At the cafe, I was inspired by the food and grabbed my camera.


I call this "Boobs and Food."



We also had a man capri encounter at the Sydney Cafe.

I think it was their uniform. Poor guys.


Dinner was fun. We found a little hole in the wall pizza place. Cheap, great, relaxed. . . A great way to spend my last night in food paradise.

I love food, but I really love good food. This weekend trip gave me what I needed to get through the next two months until I can get what I need. YUM!

Melissa: Ya feelin' me?

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Brent Vermilyea said...

I love the title, "Boobs and Food." It's a great, ah, product capture. :) I'm glad you had fun in Apia. The pictures you got are very good. Regards, Brent

 

Post a Comment

<< Home