Tuesday, April 18, 2006



I <3 Chameleone!


Jose Chameleone, Uganda's biggest pop star, is my favorite Ugandan artist. He's got it. He's not much to look at, and I don't understand many of the words that he sings, but his songs always make me want to dance and sing along. Chameleone is this week's reason I am glad to be returning to Uganda.

I was never able to see him perform. Everytime he came to Hoima on tour I was either out of town or previously committed to something. I went to the Sean Paul concert in Kampala two years ago. Yes, I wanted to see Sean, but I really wanted to see Chameleone, who was the opening act. As luck would have it, as soon as Chameleone strutted his scrawny ass up on the stage and started to flail about, there was a sound problem, and he left the stage PISSED. No show from him.

I ran into him once at the shopping mall. It's better to see him at a distance. Whew! As I said, not much to look at.

3 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once I ran into Gae and Abby at the Buganda Road market. Good times.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Timothy said...

I also <3 Juliana. Too bad we never ambushed her at Capital FM. She would've loved us. "Say it..."

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes, at night, i secretly wish i were listening to late date w/ juliana. she really did it best. especially after shadow got saved. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home