Saturday, March 25, 2006

Where Does

All the Time Go?


It seems that there are just not enough hours in the day. Some days I just feel like I get nothing done. Where does all the time go? Am I being robbed, or am I just the most inefficient person to ever walk the planet? I know. I know. It is my spring break. Why am I not relaxing? Why am I worried about efficiency? I've asked myself that every day this week.

As an experiment to see where all the time goes (and to try and spot the thief if I may), I decided to document my day and see what really goes on in my life.

I woke up a little late today, around 8:30am. I checked the normal morning websites and read my email. I chatted for a while with Nicole at work, looked for Veronica Mars t-shirts online, window-shopped for a Blogography t-shirt, a Piggly Wiggly t-shirt and made an attempt to find a Pink is the New Blog t-shirt for sale anywhere. (I know; they were a limited Edition. Trent said on his blog today that there are plans for another one "later on this year"!)

I then proceeded to watch
I know what you are thinking. I'll blog about it later.




When I finally convinced myself to get my bootay out of bed, I cooked lunch for my roommate, Nicole, and I. I made for her macaroni and cheese, and I made rice, miso soup (from a packet) and egg rolls for me. (Don't you just love the green jacket thrown at the foot of my bed. I just got it from an order I placed at gap.com)



We took a power lunch and watched two (or was it three) episodes of Arrested Development. I don't remember which ones. I think Lindsay was being selfish, Lucille was being a real bitch, Gob wanted to be a real magician, Tobias was behaving ambiguously gay, George was in jail, George Michael and Maeby were behaving either inappropriately and/or awkwardly, Michael was being a tad bit self-righteous, and Buster was being, well, Buster. You know the episode.



After lunch, I rode in to Nu'uuli with Nicole and went to get my hair cut. I hate to let my hair grow too long. I really like it nice and short. Unfortunatly, because of the salary I earn and the cost of a haircut, I'm only able to get it cut about once a month. I know I must look like a wooly-bugger every time I enter the doors of the barber salon.

Vogue is my favorite barbershop on island. It is run by two Korean women. They do a fantastic job with the cut, but the icing on the cake is when they wash my hair after cutting it. I've never been to a place that washes after cutting. I've only had my hair washed before a cut. However, washing afterwards gets rid of the loose trimmings that would later find their way into one's collar and cause irritation. I also love it because she gives me a scalp massage while she is washing. (It's that or she just thinks I'm dirty and need a little something extra to get me clean.)

From the salon, it was off to the Lafou Shopping Center where I paid Nicole a little visit at work.

(I have a great photo of her at her desk working, but I've been forbidden to post it until she has a chance to do a little work on it. Shhh!!!)

Because of the miraine that I was plagued with all week, I am a teensy bit behind in my preparations for the next school quarter, and I have an assignment due in my UH class Monday. It was time for the Koko Bean.

I almost finished my assignment.


I got some planning done for my thematic unit. (School starts in three days!)


I even had some time to work on a The Transformers: The Movie blog. It should've been posted today, but I ran into a slight problem. It will be posted tomorrow. (I hope.)

When Nicole got off from work, it was off to la casa, and then off to do a little grocery shopping. I dropped my laptop off at the A-P-T before going to Cost-U-Less, but I forgot this small detail. I almost had a small heart attach when we reached home, and my computer was not in the vehicle.

I love me some BMac. Don't we all just love us some BMac. I saw these

while shopping, and I had to have them.

Guess what I had for supper.

During each delicious (and nutrious--they are made from whole grains) spoonful, I could taste Madonna's tongue in Britney's mouth at the 2003 MTV Music Video Awards. Oh, fond memories of the Blue Mango, a VHS tape, the communal bowl and us.

That about sums up my day. Wait a minute. I almost forgot the 117 minutes of my life that I will never get back. I watched as much of Get Rich or Die Tryin' as I could bear. From the moment 50 opened his mouth, I knew it was on. High points include:
1. Terrence Howard (my favorite actor of the moment) plays Bama.
2. The guy who plays Eco on Lost is once again a bad guy in a movie. Is it because he's African?
3. There is an intense naked fight with a blade in the shower when 50 gets incarcerated. He's bad ass, you know.


It is after midnight, and I'm sitting in bed wearing my new green briefs (I usually don't wear briefs, but I got a pair in my last order from gap.com. I've got to refrain from buying online.), making this update to my blog. Where does all the time go? My actions are about as random as my thoughts. It is like I say in my profile, I'm a jack of all trades but a master of nothing. If I could just focus my attention or energy on one thing... I'D BE BORED OUT OF MY MIND!!!



Hatcher out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home