Wednesday, January 18, 2006


Here are the monsters!

I have the privilege to spend many hours each day with these thirteen fabulous kids. The last week and a half have been fantastic. We've been studying Martin Luther King, Jr. They made dioramas of the famous "I Have a Dream" speech and wrote speeches about their own dreams for the world. We're studying current events this quarter (we study them every quarter, but this quarter, we are building our unit around them), and I'm letting the students play a big role in the direction we move over the next nine weeks. So far so good. We're being published in the newspaper tomorrow!!! I have a friend who works for the Samoa News, and she helped us get an opportunity to contribute to a sponsored page. We created a page about what we've learned about MLK. Two of the students' speeches will be printed, a student contributed a crossword puzzle, and we made a timeline of MLK's life. We also included an exerpt from the "I Have a Dream Speech," and there will be exerpts from the other students' speeches. The biggest deal to the students is that a photo of our class will be printed (in color, no less) on the page. I'm excited for them. It's a big deal to me, too. I cannot wait to see the paper tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home