Monday, January 09, 2006


The Bitch is back!!!

School started back today, and it was a good day.

My class is quite different than last semester. Four of my students have left for other places, and I have two new students, two Samoans (a brother and sister) who just moved back from Salt Lake City, Utah. My class is much more gender-balanced. The four students I lost were all male.

It is amazing how much one student to affect the whole class. One of the students that I lost was one of the most difficult people I ever worked with. He was not a bad kid, he just suffered from a complete lack of judgement. I expended so much energy defusing issues that he cause. I was wearing me out, plus I was losing so much time that I could have used for teaching. I was actually quite fond of this student, and I'm going to miss him. However, there is already an obvious difference (a good one) in the classroom. I think I'm going to enjoy his absence.

Two of the other three students that left the school were also quite difficult. I find it an odd stroke of luck that the three most difficult students from last semester are all gone. I hope I'm not being too optimistic, but I really thing this semester is going to go quite well. If today was any indicator for the rest of the quarter, it is going to be an enjoyable time.

FYI: The psycho parents transferred their kids to another school. I hope I never have to deal with them again. In fact, I really hope I never see them again. They really make me sick. I'm throwing up in my mouth right now typing about them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home