Friday, June 16, 2006



That's right folks, araalinas is shuttin' down. (GASP!!! Oh, the horror!!!) Araali (me) is no longer n as (American Samoa).

I'M SHUTTIN' IT DOWN!!!

Movin' on.

The countdown is over.

I've flown the coop,

left the Rock.

It was good while it lasted, but now I'm past it.

At approximately 11:20pm on the 8th of June, I left American Samoa with no plans to return. As most of you already know, I've accepted a teaching position back in Uganda, where I taugh for three years before going to American Samoa. I've been a bit out of the loop for the past week, not having regular internet access. I spend the weekend in Hawaii, and now I'm back in rural North West Florida. As sad as it might sound, it is "home, sweet home." God, my visits home are never very sweet, but it is a necessary ritual: gotta see the family, gotta see the friends. I'm only setting up temporary camp in the panhandle. I'll be heading back to Africa sometime in July; I'm looking at the 10th.

I'm shutting down araalinas (GASP!!! Oh, the horror!!!). This blog is "dunzo," but I'm setting up a new blog to chronicle my Florida adventure, and then one to keep you posted on my goin' ons in Uganda.

I forever remain "araali," and you better believe that the prayers continue to be lifted up to the pagan gods. But are they payin' any attention?


araalinusa.blogspot.com

Check it out, y'all.

4 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger Dave2 said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

So long and thanks for the Hello Kitty Pop Tarts.

 
At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scared me for a second... I thought I'd have to subscribe to National Geographic again...

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger nicolegail said...

Tim Tim! NO! I will miss this blog. Too bad you couldn't just keep the URL and change the name or something. Now I will have to click back when I want to find out what color the new bod is or remember which candy bar is your favorite! Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :-( And I will definitely be visiting the new blog...but still...

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! We can't leave comments on your new blog if we don't have a Blogger account...

please fixie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home