Thursday, May 18, 2006

This my friends...

is a plane ticket!!!


(At least it is the receipt for my e-ticket to Hawaii. Just as good.)


Nicole picked it up for me from the travel agent. International flights only leave the island two nights per week, Thursday and Sunday. Hawaiian Air is the only carrier. This means they can charge whatever the hell they want and treat their passengers however the hell they please. We have no choice but to fly with them. I guess because American Samoa is only a US Territory, they can treat it as either a domestic or international destination depending on which is more convenient for them. When it comes to the baggage allowance, they treat it like a domestic destination, and passengers are only allowed 50 pounds per piece of luggage. However, if you want to book a one-way flight on-line, good luck. American Samoa is considered an "international destination" for that, so on-line booking is not allowed: hence the travel agent mentioned above.

The good news is I'm leaving this island on the 8th of June, only 21 days from the time of this entry! I'm still trying to work out my plans for what I'm going to do once I reach Hawaii. Right now, the idea is to fly on over to Maui to visit a friend I've not seen in y.e.a.r.s. We've kept in touch with the occasional email, but it will be so fantastic to sit and talk with him face to face. We were housemates my freshman year at university way back in 1994. He was a tremendous friend who positively influenced me and helped me have a great first-year experience at FSU. It is funny the people we end up maintaining contact with and those who drift away.

I'm so ready to jump ship. Right now.

Wrap it up!

1 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you're leaving one paradise to vacation in another. I see. (heckle)

That's cool that you're catching up with old friends. Sounds like it'll be a fun trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home