Thursday, May 04, 2006


(Cough! Cough! Cough!)



I sick.


Something is going around on the island. The list of absentees is incredible each morning. My kids never miss class, and I've had at least one student absent everyday this week. Yesterday there were three, today two. Celeste only had four students show up for class this morning. I, myself, am not "sick", but I've really felt like "crap" two days this week. The odd thing is that the days were not consecutive. This leads me to believe that I'm a bit sick in the head.

Today was the worst day teaching this semester. I felt so out of it. I'm usually good at putting on a good face and faking it when I'm not in the zone, but today, the kids knew. I felt so lethargic today. I was even a bit dizzy at times. Tuesday it was a headache, and I thought I had a fever for a while. I took my temperature... nothing. My theory is that my body knows that the end is near, and it feels like I've put in enough hours and effort, and it is trying to shut down. Only four more weeks to go after tomorrow. I must plow on.

Having so many students absent makes it difficult to conduct class. I don't want to start anything entirely new, and we do a lot of group work, so when many students are out, it interferes with the progress of the group as a whole. Children missing school is a bit frustrating. Ugh!

Enough about that.

Maybe I should get sick. I've not taken a sick day yet, and I have six personal days in reserve. Hmmm...

If I were sick, I wish that I had a perky, rich drunk to take care of me.


Instead, the lush I'm stuck with only wants feel me up and dance for her in a leopard print thong. The price we pay for sugar mommies.


(Cough! Cough! Cough! )

I sick.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger nicolegail said...

No more Tausala for you. Methinks you have mistaken requests for dances in your leopard print thong with requests that you for the love of all that is pure and holy NOT dance in your leopard print thong, or any sort of thong for that matter. Hope you feel better soon. :-)

 
At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't get so deliriously sick that you wear the leopard-print thong to class... something tells me that this would be frowned upon. :-)

 
At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it wasn't the sushi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home